SculptureTour Salina Committee
Salina Downtown, Inc.
2017 People's Choice Winner to be Announced
Salina, Kansas - Join us as the winner of the 2017 SculptureTour Salina People's Choice Award is announced during a public press conference:
Friday, February 16
Salina Innovation Foundation
336 S. Sante Fe-Downtown Salina
Members of the SculptureTour Salina committee will announce the sculpture and artist that received the most votes by open public ballot for 2017.
"The People's Choice Award is a really exciting feature of SculptureTour Salina. Each year, the winning sculpture is purchased by the City of Salina to become part of their public art collection," stated Penny Bettles, SculptureTour Salina Commitee member. "This is a great way for everyone to be involved in the project, and every vote counts."
Salina Arts & Humanities along with the SculptureTour committee selects a public site where the sculpture will be exhibited permanently and accessible for everyone to enjoy. During the press conference, Brad Anderson, Executive Director of Salina Arts & Humanities, will announce where the winning 2017 sculpture will be installed.
Previous People's Choice Award winners include:
- 2011 - "Watch Dog" by Louise Peterson; On display in Oakdale Park Sculpture Garden
- 2012 - "Sweet Kisses" by Marianne Caroselli; On display in Oakdale Park Sculpture Garden
- 2013 - "Farmer" by Lawrence Starck; On display in Campbell Plaza, Downtown
- 2014 - "Next Up" by James Haire; On display at the Oakdale Park Tennis Courts
- 2015 - "Daughters of Peace" by Benjamin Victor; On display at the City/County Building
- 2016 - "Slim" by Dale Lewis; On display at Tony's Pizza Events Center
Prize winning voters in five categories will be announced in the coming days, drawn from ballots cast in 2017:
Under 12 years; 12-18 years; 19-35 years; 36-55 years and 56+ years.
Prizes include Smoky Hill Silver certificates, gift certificates to Ad Astra, TK's Smokhaus, Martinelli's Little Italy, tickets to Rolling Hills Zoo, Salina Community Theatre, Stiefel Theatre, Tony's Pizza Events Center, Salina Art Center Cinema, the Big 12 Basketball Tournament and more!
For more information, go to www.sculpturetoursalina.com and like us on Facebook.