ORDINANCE NUMBER 21-11082
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lots 1, 2, and 3, less the West 200 ft. thereof, in Block 1 of Schilling Subdivision No.6, an addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met.
- The mixed zoning classifications with conflicting development standards currently in place inhibit the Airport Authority’s ability to fully develop and utilize the lots on the east side of Airport Road.
- The rezoning request area is adjacent to existing I-2 zoned property so the requested I-2 zoning would be compatible with the zoning and uses of nearby property. Approval of I-2 zoning would be a logical extension of the existing I-2 zoning along Airport Road.
- Needed public utilities, streets and drainage improvements are already in place to serve the needs of the rezoning request area.
- The requested I-2 zoning is consistent with the Employment area land use designation in the Comprehensive Plan.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT I-2. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “I-2” Light Industrial.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Summary of ordinance for publication. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 21-11082 Summary
On October 4, 2021, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 21-11082. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of portions of three (3) lots on the east side of Airport Road north of Water Well Road from A-1 (Agricultural) to I-2 (Light Industrial) to allow them to be developed and used for industrial purposes. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: September 27, 2021
Passed: October 4, 2021
Melissa Rose Hodges, Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk