ORDINANCE NUMBER 22-11108
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE FUTURE LAND USE MAP OF THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10 in Plat One (1) of Lamer Subdivision, an addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Comprehensive Plan have been timely met;
- The requested Future Land Use Map amendment is justified by changing conditions in the community in that there is a continuing need in the community for affordable multi-family housing and limited sites available.
- The requested Future Land Use Map amendment advances goals and policies contained in the Plan because it would help provide needed rental housing units.
- There is a public need to change the Comprehensive Plan map to Urban Residential because of the identified housing needs in the community. The Suburban Residential land use classification does not list apartments as an appropriate land use, but the Urban Residential land use category does.
- The public need is best served by changing the land use designation of the Property as compared with other available property because this 2.64 acre tract is suitable for multi-family housing. The proposed change in land use designation would allow Salina RAD Homes to serve the housing needs of the public by allowing them to redevelop this site.
- The requested change would not negatively impact the surrounding areas as the intended use of the Property is comparable to other nearby uses along the Cloud and Broadway corridor.
Section 2. Comprehensive Plan Amendment. The Future Land Use Map (Figure 2.1) of the Salina Comprehensive Plan is amended to show the Property as a future Urban Residential land use area.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Summary of ordinance for publication. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 22-11108 Summary
On April 11, 2022, the City of Salina, Kansas, passed Ordinance No. 22-11108. The ordinance amends the Future Land Use Map (Figure 2.1) in the Salina Comprehensive Plan to show the future land use designation of property bordered by Broadway Boulevard on the east, Smith Avenue on the south, Haskett Avenue on the west and West Cloud Street on the north as Urban Residential instead of Suburban Residential and outlines the findings of the City Commission in support of the change in future land use designation of the property. A complete copy of the ordinance is available at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the city clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the city attorney.
Introduced: April 4, 2022
Passed: April 11, 2022
Trent W. Davis, M.D., Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk