AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE AMENDMENT OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526 THE SAME BEING CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP THEREIN AND THEREBY ADOPTED AND PROVIDING FOR THE REZONING OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES THEREOF.
WHEREAS, all conditions precedent for the amendment of the Zoning District Map, the rezoning of certain property therein, hereinafter described has been timely complied with, SO NOW, THEREFORE,
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings.
1. The abandoned railroad right-of-way is currently unzoned and some zoning designation is needed to allow it to be developed and put into some productive use.
2. The subject site is adjacent to existing 1-2 zoned property to the west and is buffered on the east by a flood control levee. PDD (I-2) zoning to allow nonclimatized storage would be compatible with the zoning and uses on nearby property.
3. Needed public utilities (water) can be extended to provide fire protection to the site and no other utilities except electricity are needed to serve nonclimatized storage.
4. The subject site is located in the Airport Employment Area on the Future Land Use Map and approval of PDD (I-2) zoning would be consistent with this land use designation.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “PDD I-2”, LIGHT INDUSTRIAL PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT. That the Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas duly adopted and published as a part of Ordinance Number 8526, the same being Chapter 42 of the Salina Code, be and it is hereby amended so that the following described property be rezoned as follows, to-wit:
Lot One (1), Block One (1), Foxboro Addition, to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas.
shall become a part of DISTRICT “PDD I-2”, LIGHT INDUSTIRAL PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT.
Section 3. Conditions of Approval. That the use of said described property shall be subject to all the conditions, restrictions and limitations as made and provided for in Ordinance Number 8526, the same being Chapter 42 of the Salina Code with reference to PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICTS. Development of the property shall be subject to the plans on file with the Zoning Administrator and/or City Clerk and the following conditions, to-wit:
1. Development and use of Lot One (1), Block (1) shall be limited to nonclimatized storage and outdoor storage and shall be subject to all bulk and use limitations of the I-2 district, including driving aisle surfacing requirements and front yard landscaping requirements.
2. A gutter and downspout system shall be constructed with each storage building to prevent rooftop runoff from being directed onto the adjoining property to the west.
3. A No Build Easement at least twenty (20) feet in width must be granted by the Salina Airport Authority prior to issuance of a building permit or the buildings must be shifted ten (10) feet to the east.
4. Development on Lot One (1), Block One (1) shall substantially conform with the approved final development plan and associated submittals on file with the Zoning Administrator.
Section 4. Repealer. That all prior ordinances in conflict herewith as they relate to the above described real estate are hereby repealed.
Section 5. Summary of ordinance for publication. That this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 13-10714 Summary
On August 26, 2013, the City of Salina, Kansas passed Ordinance No. 13-10714. The ordinance assigns a zoning district classification to abandoned railroad right-of-way located on the north side of Schilling Road east of Centennial Road of PDD (I-2) (Light Industrial Planned Development District) to allow construction of nonclimatized storage buildings. A complete copy of the ordinance is available at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the city clerk, 300 W. Ash Street, free of charge. This summary is certified by the city attorney.
Introduced: August 19, 2013
Passed: August 26, 2013
Barbara V. Shirley, Mayor
Lieu Ann Elsey, CMC, City Clerk