1/17/2014 - Openings on Citizen Boards, Commissions and Committees
Contact: Miki Orr-Muths
City Clerk, Administrative Assistant
Openings on Citizen Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Salina is currently accepting expression of interest forms for vacancies that currently or will soon exist on the following citizen boards, commissions and committees:
• Accessibility Advisory Board (need members with disabilities);
• Animal Control Advisory and Appeals Board;
• Building Advisory Board (mechanical master/journeyman);
• Business Improvement District No. 1 Design Review Board (BID property owner);
• Heritage Commission (realtor, urban planner);
• Human Relations Commission, (ethnic representative);
• Solid Waste Management Committee (city resident, county resident, a resident from Assaria, Brookville, Gypsum, New Cambria or Smolan).
In addition, the City of Salina is implementing a new Youth on Boards program. This program allows for individuals between the ages of 15-20 attending a secondary- or post-secondary school to serve on certain boards that are noted above.
If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a member of one of these boards, commissions or committees, you are asked to fill out a short expression-of-interest form and return it to the City Clerk’s Office. Forms may be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office, 300 W. Ash, Room 206 or by clicking on expression-of-interest form. More information about each board may be obtained at the City of Salina website, http://www.salina-ks.gov/boards